Rave in a park #2
Welcome! We are a bunch of people who connected here in Reykjavik and created Notacool Collective.
We love to share energy and connect with others through the power of dance! Sometimes we find it difficult in crowded bars or clubs, so we decided to organise another party in a park! Everyone is welcome, there is no dress code nor face control, and you can be sure no one will judge your way of dancing, moving or just being.
LOCATION – Hljómskálagarður, next to Bjarkargata
TIME – SATURDAY at 18:00 –
ATTN: If the weather sucks – we may move it to Sunday or a week later
MUSIC – techno / techno-ish – more info soon
We will make sure there is some lemonade and tea available for donation to help people power through the night, so PLZ BRING CASH. All “profit” will go to a radical social space in downtown Reykjavík.
Obviously everybody is invited; just bring your best party attitude, an open-mind and your own dance style, no matter how weird you think it may be (it’s not, we love it).
We will do our best to keep the space safer – more info soon in an event post!
SAFER SPACE POLICY!
Please read it!
ALSO – WE ARE LOOKING FOR MORE PEOPLE TO BE ON THE SOLIDARITY TEAM (people you can speak to if you feel bad/down – or if someone makes you feel uncomfortable). IF YOU WANNA HELP – COME TO THE PARK FOR A SAFER SPACE TRAINING AT 17:00.
• We’re here to dance and enjoy without judging others or ourselves. Everyone is welcome!
• If you feel uncomfortable or stressed or experience an irritating situation, don’t hesitate to speak to one of the people with a colored armband.
• Move however you like, no matter how you think it looks like. We ask you though to take care not to hurt yourself or other dancers.
• Ask before touching people, be attentive and change your behavior if you are making anyone feel uncomfortable.
• Respect other peoples needs for private sphere, both spatially and mentally.
• You are responsible for your own actions. Even if your actions are not intentionally hurtful, what we say and do can hurt others or make them feel uncomfortable.