Music production in Ableton Live – Introduction
This workshop is dedicated to all people who want to start using their laptop as a source of creative output.
No prior knowledge about anything regarding music production, or music at all is required.
You’re welcome to bring Your laptop with You. Download and install free version of Ableton before https://www.ableton.com/
On this workshop we’ll try to cover basic concepts of music production using Ableton:
1. Ableton overview – intuitive and easy DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)
2. How to create and export Your first project in session view ?
– midi/audio channels
– importing and launching clips
– recording Your session
3. Virtual instruments what are they, where I can get them and how to use them ?
– Technical introduction (nothing too complicated, frequently spotted problems)
– Piano roll and programming MIDI
– Some of Ableton’s instruments